Friday, September 28, 2007

The funniest thing happened....

Last night on my ride home...

I was just doing my thing, about halfway across Mercer Island, when I encountered a rider that I was about to pass, I called "on your left" and then came around him. We smiled at each other, I took off up the hill and didn't really think much of it.

A mile or so later, when I crossed a street I realized that he was right behind me. A few minutes later, he called out "on your left" and wanted to pass me... I jokingly said: "how about I race you instead?" I don't remember exactly what he said, but indicated that having a girl pass him 'hurt his pride' I told him that he should become a bike racer, he responded "at my age?" and then took off.

I don't consider myself particularly fast... but to be upset that a girl on an official race team is passing you?? Oh PLEASE!

~ Abi

No comments: